Terms of service
General Terms of Sale
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases from Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen (Imprint), which are made by private customers.
Private customers in this sense are persons with residence and delivery address in the Federal Republic of Germany, provided that the goods ordered by them can be attributed neither to their commercial nor their independent professional activity.
Prices and shipping costs
The excellent prices are final prices including VAT. It applies the amount that is shown in each case at the time of the binding order. In addition, shipping costs, which depend on the shipping method and the size and weight of the product(s) ordered by you. You can find out about the details at [link to "shipping costs"]. We will bear the regular costs of the return shipment incurred in the event of a return of the goods by you in exercise of your right of revocation. If you exercise your right of withdrawal, we will also refund the shipping costs.
Payment is made upon delivery by means of
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Credit Card
Delay in payment
If you are in default of payment, Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen is entitled to demand interest on arrears at a rate of 5 percentage points above the prime rate p.a. announced by the Deutsche Bundesbank for the time of the order. If Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen can prove that a higher damage caused by default has occurred, Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall be entitled to assert such damage.
Right of retention
The customer shall only be entitled to exercise a right of retention to the extent that its counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
(1) Delivery shall be made to the delivery address specified by the customer, within
- Czech Republic
- Australia, USA (2) If force majeure (natural disasters, war, civil war, terrorist attack) makes the delivery or any other service permanently impossible, any obligation to perform on the part of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen is excluded. Amounts already paid shall be refunded by Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen without undue delay.
(3) Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen may also refuse performance to the extent that such performance requires an effort which, taking into account the content of the purchase contract and the requirements of good faith, is grossly disproportionate to the Customer's interest in the performance of the purchase contract. Amounts already paid will be refunded by Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen without delay.
(4) Bulky goods (packages with a volume larger than 1 sqm) are usually delivered by a forwarding agent. Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen expressly points out that these goods are not carried into the house.
Favorable shipping method for returns
(1) When returning the goods and accessories, please use the original packaging if possible, even if it should be damaged by an opening for functional testing.
(2) Please use the fully stamped and addressed return label enclosed with the delivery of goods for the return. This is the simplest and most cost-effective shipping option. You are under no obligation to use this return method. However, if you choose an unnecessarily expensive shipping method, you may be required to pay us the increased cost compared to a less expensive shipping method.
Retention of title
Until full settlement of all claims existing against the customer under the purchase contract, the delivered goods remain the property of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen. As long as this retention of title exists, the customer may neither resell nor dispose of the goods; in particular, the customer may not contractually grant third parties any use of the goods.
Rights of Defect
(1) If a product is already defective upon delivery (warranty case), Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall, at the Customer's option and at Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen's expense, replace it with a defect-free product or have it professionally repaired (subsequent performance). It is pointed out to the customer that there is no case of warranty if the product had the agreed quality at the time of transfer of risk. A warranty case shall not exist in particular in the following cases:
a) in the case of damage caused at the Customer's premises by misuse or improper use,
b) in the case of damage caused by the fact that the products have been exposed to harmful external influences at the Customer's premises (in particular extreme temperatures, moisture, extraordinary physical or electrical stress, voltage fluctuations, lightning, static electricity, fire).
(2) Furthermore, Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen does not provide any warranty for a defect caused by improper repair by a service partner not authorized by the manufacturer.
(3) If the type of supplementary performance requested by the Customer (replacement delivery or repair) requires an effort which is grossly disproportionate to the Customer's interest in performance in view of the product price, taking into account the content of the contract and the requirements of good faith - whereby in particular the value of the object of purchase in a defect-free condition, the significance of the defect and the question of whether the other type of supplementary performance can be resorted to without significant disadvantages for the Customer - the Customer's claim shall be limited to the respective other type of supplementary performance. The right of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen to also refuse this other type of subsequent performance under the aforementioned condition remains unaffected.
(4) Both in the case of repair and in the case of replacement, the Customer is obliged to send the product at the expense of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen to the return address specified by it, stating the order number. Before sending in the product, the customer has to remove any objects inserted by him from the product. Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall not be obliged to inspect the product for the insertion of such items. Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall not be liable for the loss of such items unless it was readily apparent to Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen at the time the Product was returned that such item had been inserted into the Product (in which case Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall inform the Customer and hold the item ready for collection by the Customer; the Customer shall bear the costs incurred in doing so). In addition, before sending a product for repair or replacement, the customer shall, if necessary, make separate backup copies of the system software, the applications and all data on the product on a separate data carrier and deactivate all passwords. No liability for loss of data will be assumed. Likewise, after the repaired product or the replacement product has been returned to the customer, it is the customer's responsibility to install the software and data and to reactivate the passwords.
(5) If the customer sends in the goods in order to obtain a replacement product, the return of the defective product shall be governed by the following provision: If the customer was able to use the goods in a defect-free condition between delivery and return, the customer shall reimburse the value of the benefits derived by him. The customer shall pay compensation for the value of any loss or further deterioration of the goods not caused by the defect and for the impossibility of surrendering the goods not caused by the defect in the period between delivery of the goods and return of the goods. The customer does not have to pay compensation for the deterioration of the goods caused by the intended use of the goods. The obligation to pay compensation for the value shall furthermore not apply to the return of a defective product in the case of warranty,
a) if the defect entitling the customer to withdraw from the contract only became apparent during processing or remodeling,
b) if Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen is responsible for the deterioration or loss or if the damage would also have occurred at Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen,
c) if the deterioration or loss has occurred at the Customer's premises although the Customer has exercised the care which he is accustomed to exercising in his own affairs.
(6) The Customer's liability for damages in the event of a breach of the obligation to return goods for which the Customer is responsible shall be governed by the statutory provisions.
(7) The Customer may, at its option, withdraw from the contract or reduce the purchase price if the repair or replacement delivery has not resulted in a condition of the product in accordance with the contract within a reasonable period of time.
(8) In addition, there may also be claims against the manufacturer under a warranty granted by the latter, which are governed by the relevant warranty conditions.
(9) The legal warranty of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen ends two years from delivery of the goods. The period begins with the receipt of the goods.
(1) In case of slight negligence Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall only be liable in case of breach of material contractual obligations and limited to the foreseeable damage. This limitation does not apply in case of injury to life, body and health. Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall not be liable for any other damage caused by slight negligence due to a defect in the object of purchase.
(2) Irrespective of any fault on the part of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen, any liability of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall remain unaffected in the event of fraudulent concealment of the defect or from the assumption of a guarantee. The manufacturer's warranty is a warranty of the manufacturer and does not constitute an assumption of a warranty by Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen.
(3) Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall also be responsible for the impossibility of delivery occurring by chance during its delay, unless the damage would also have occurred in the event of timely delivery.
(4) The personal liability of the legal representatives, vicarious agents and employees of Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen for damage caused by them due to slight negligence is excluded.
The contract concluded between you and Coenen Publishing / Andreas Coenen shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, expressly excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. This does not affect the mandatory provisions of the state in which you have your habitual residence.
If, contrary to the information you provided when placing the order, you do not have a residence in the Federal Republic of Germany or move your residence abroad after conclusion of the contract or your residence is not known at the time the action is filed, the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from and in connection with the contractual relationship is [the registered office of the operator of the online store].
General information obligations for alternative dispute resolution under Article 14 (1) ODR Regulation and § 36 VSBG (Consumer Dispute Resolution Act):
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which can be found at this address: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ . We are not obliged or willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
(1) If individual provisions of this contract in whole or in part ineffective or void or become, the validity of the contract is not affected, insofar as a contracting party is not unreasonably disadvantaged by this.
(2) Amendments or additions to this contract require the written form.